Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I configure the time the satisfaction survey will be available for customer response?

Ivo Pereira Tromm May 14, 2020

Can I configure the time the satisfaction survey will be available for customer response?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2020

Hi Ivo,

Thanks for getting in touch with Atlassian Community!

The Satisfaction Survey on Service Desk is sent when a resolution is added to the ticket. Currently, it's not possible to manually send the notification or select a specific status to send it. 

There are two feature requests suggesting improvements for that:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Ivo Pereira Tromm May 20, 2020

Thanks Angelica!

But I have another doubt. After how long can the customer answer the survey?
Is available forever or I can put a deadline to return?

Tks.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2020

You are welcome!

The survey won't be available forever, but to be honest, I didn't find how long the survey will be available.

Below is a screenshot of what customers will see when the survey expires:

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 10.41.30.png

To test for how long the survey is available, I closed many tickets on my test site in order to click on a survey every day to confirm when it will start to show as invalid. 

Once I have an answer for that, I'll post here and check if they can update our documentation.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
July 3, 2020

Hello @Ivo Pereira Tromm,

I've been testing the survey since my last response here and it has been working normally. 

It was about 40 days testing and it didn't expire, I talked to the team responsible for that and they told me that indeed the survey doesn't have an expiration date, so what I said on my previous response was wrong. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The CSAT notifications include an auth token which is stored as a property on the issue, so it's possible to remove this by using API.

I tested the endpoint below and it works:

curl -v --request DELETE \
--url 'https://xxxxxxxx.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/ISSUE-KEY/properties/feedback.token.key' \
--user 'email@domain.com:APITOKEN' \
--header 'Accept: application/json'

So, after a while, if you don't want the survey to be available anymore, you can run the API above to delete the token for the survey to be unavailable.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders