Can I change customer permissions of a JIRA project via an API call?

Stakater SRE _ 1 September 6, 2020

Hi,

I want to change the customer permissions on a JIRA service desk project via an API call. Is it possible?img.pngThe default behavior is that whenever you a new project, anyone with an account on https://yourdomain.atlassian.net will have an access on the portal and can send requests to the projects.

I want that whenever I create a new project, its permissions should be set to `Customers my team adds to the project` by default or at least I could change it with a REST api call. Is there some way to achieve this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2020

Hello @Stakater SRE _ 1,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When creating a project in Service Desk, by default it should be set as "Customers my team adds to the project", but this only happens on a Standard Jira site.

I tested here both on a Free and Standard Jira site and created a next-gen and a classic project. On the Free site, customer permissions are set as "Anyone with an account" for all new projects. On Standard sites, the permission is set to "Customers my team adds to the project".

There is a bug where I reported this issue a while ago:

Please, click on "This affects my team" and also watch to receive updates about the bug.

Regarding the API, there is no endpoint that allows changing customer permissions.

Regards,
Angélica

Stakater SRE _ 1 September 9, 2020

As you mentioned, the official api don't mentions any such endpoint that provides this support. However, I found this endpoints that can help us change the project permission with the api call.

EndPoint: https://yourdomain.atlassian.net/rest/servicedesk/1/servicedesk/{projectIdOrprojectKey}/settings/requestsecurity

Like # people like this
Nawaaz SOHAWON May 23, 2022

Hi @Stakater SRE _ 1 

Hope you are well.

Can you please advise on how you updated the project permissions with the above API?

I am trying to set the "serviceDeskIpenAccess" to "true".

Is there a POST or a PUT to this API?

Regards,

Nawaaz

Like owen.klan likes this
Anthony Norwood November 28, 2022

Hi Nawaaz,

To change the 'Who can access the portal' permissions detailed in this post, it is a POST request to 

rest/servicedesk/1/servicedesk/{JiraProjectKey}/settings/requestsecurity with a body of:
{
"serviceDeskPublicSignup": false,
"serviceDeskOpenAccess": false
}
Hope this helps

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders