Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add two assignees for a specific Request type?

Nayia Hadjicosti April 8, 2020

I have created a project on Service Desk and various request types, each one automatically assign to a different team member. 

Can I automatically assign two team members to one request type? Or maybe just add the second team member to receive the notifications too for a specific request type? 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2020

No, you cannot have two assignees for an issue.

If you want a secondary/backup assignee who is less responsible for the issue, you will need to add them as a participant, watcher or into a custom field.

can I do that automatically for only one request type? for example add the second assignee as a default watcher or a participant but only for one request type?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2020

If you have one of the automation or scripting apps, then yes, you can automate that.

Thank you. I managed to do it by adding my own field to the request type and to the team members notifications I chose to send some notifications to Second Assignee field. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events