Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add a signature to Service Desk?

Jill Streur August 16, 2018

In my response to customer requests, I would like to have my "Signature" auto populate.  This ability exists in other Service Desk systems, but I have not found the setting in Jira Service Desk.  Can you point me in the correct direction?  Thank you!

3 answers

2 votes
Zeynep Ö_ January 27, 2021

Hi Jill,

you can add in Customer Notification -> Templates a template as a signature to your project. That means, all customer notification that you send will have this automated signature. But you can't add the assignee as a variable to your signature. That is one disadvantage of this solution and I'm also looking for an alternative, but did not find sth out.

Regards,

Zeynep

Jonathan Pui November 2, 2022

This was extremely useful and was exactly what I needed. 

1 vote
Marcin Woroch
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 11, 2021

@Jill Streurare you still looking for signatures for Jira / Jira Service Management (Cloud)?

I'm a UX Designer in the team behind Canned Responses Pro Templates for Jira app and we've released the advanced Signatures functionality.

You can signatures on 3 levels independently (Global, Project, Personal), use dynamic macros, style them however you like and more.

Please see the documentation and the "What's new" section in the app itself for more info.
Also, please reach out if we can assist you anyhow!

We still plan to iterate and improve it – your feedback and suggestions will be much appreciated.

Daniel Samatin August 12, 2021

Hi @Marcin Woroch ,

is there a possibility to get the signature feature also in Data Center installation? This would make my life much easier...

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Marcin Woroch
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 13, 2021

Hi @Daniel Samatin

our app works also for DC, but we do not have dedicated automatic Signatures feature there (which is only available for Cloud).

You can still create standard templates (and share them with your teams) that would use dynamic data (macros for user names etc.), but they would have to be inserted manually by the users (with one click).

Does that help?

Like Daniel Samatin likes this
Daniel Samatin August 13, 2021

Hi @Marcin Woroch 

thank you for your quick reply.

Unfortunately we can't use Cloud installation, but I need to solve the global signature issue. So that's why I asked if there are any plans to make this option also available in DC installation.

1 vote
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2018

Hello @Jill Streur,

If you're on Server, see this page: Canned responses for comments

If you're on Cloud:

Hope this helps!

- Manon

Richard Cross February 13, 2019

This doesn't address the user's original question which was to put a signature in customer response comments.

The Canned Response feature is missing "assignee" as a variable, which means you'd have to create duplicates for each canned response, for every team member.

Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2019

Hello @Richard Cross,

It actually answers the question since Jill said "In my response to customer requests" and that is the purpose of canned responses.

The third-party add-on Canned Responses Pro for Jira is also available for Jira Server and it does provide the Assignee variable (see Supported macros), so you can try it out.

Roland August 25, 2020

A signature is such a simple feature that email currently uses. How is this not an out of the box feature?

Like # people like this
Admin1 October 12, 2020

@Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_   I don't think this user is asking about canned responses. By definition a canned response is the exact same response that you send to multiple "customer requests". She wants her sig to automatically be at the bottom of her responses she is typing up and sending out. Each response could be different depending what the customers issue is, but being able to automatically include the sig would be a huge time saver. 

Like # people like this
Jill Streur October 13, 2020

YES!  All I want is when I respond to a ticket from a customer, that my signature shows up in the body of the message that I am sending them, so I don't have to rewrite my full name, email address, address and phone number every single time!  I would love to know how to do this.  We are currently looking at other options, since SD does not offer this functionality.

Like # people like this
Tracy Love November 1, 2020

How was this ever even left off? 

Like Monique Platts likes this
Jan-Willem Aikens March 30, 2021

I agree with Jill. A pre-filled signature in de the body when replying to customer in an issue's comment is a no brainer. Would be great if a signature could be used for more projects.

Monique Platts April 10, 2023

I am astonished that it is not possible to have a signature for emails to customers in Jira. There is so much missing functionality as a result:
1. Wasted time as agents have to type their greeting, name and other relevant info each an every time.
2. Signatures are used for branding and to link customers to other key support areas such as the knowledge base and user forums.
3. We need a signature in order to integrate our CSAT survey solution (Hively) so that the customer can rate each response and not only provide a rating when the case is resolved.

Signatures are a threshold feature and I fail to understand why they are not available in a tool that has been around for so long and has such a large market share. I am new to my organization that currently uses Jira for customer support and service but I am finding it to be so lacking in many areas including this one that I sadly do not think it will be a viable long term solution for us.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events