CVS Import

janelle.wright February 5, 2021

How can I change the default of the issue type from Task to Story in a CVS Import?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2021

@janelle.wright -

Hi Janelle:

If you are planning to use CSV file to conduct batch issue creation or bulk import (to update) + the Story issue type is available in your project's issue type scheme, then all you need to do is to include a "ISSUE TYPE" column in your file.  In that column, populate the value "Story" for all the rows.

On the other hand, you can also achieve the same issue type switch by using the Bulk Change operation after you executed your JQL search in the Search UI without using a CSV file for yoru existing issues.  Inside the Bulk Change operation, you can select the Move Issues option and switch the issue type.  NOTE- This assume that your Task and Story issue types have the same set of fields.  Here are the images for your reference.

2021-02-05_17-24-57.png

2021-02-05_17-27-03.png

2021-02-05_17-25-46.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

janelle.wright February 6, 2021

This was very helpful especially for the batch edit.     Last question, when I create the ISSUE TYPE in my CSV file, it does not provide a matching JIRA field or will it automatically populate correctly without a mapping? 

image.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2021

You will need to search for Issue Type.  All columns mappings against your CSV file are manual -

2021-02-07_16-17-06.pngBest, Joseph

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2021

Lastly, please remember to click "Answer" if my recommendation resolves your ask.

Best, Joseph

janelle.wright March 3, 2021

This was very helpful...thank you so very much

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events