Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV import for JSD project

Suchit Kharatmol March 12, 2018

Hi Team,

How to import request type via CSV import in JSD Project. Also Is it necessary to specify project type for JSD Project while importing request type?

Thanks,

Suchit Kharatmol

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2018

I know that you can import anything you want as a Jira admin into a JSD project using a CSV file. However, to my knowledge, it is not possible to specify request type when using the CSV import.

The best workaround in my opinion - you should be able to set the request type using a bulk change in the issue navigator. In the bulk edit wizard, look for the field called "Customer Request Type" and set it appropriately. To help further, add a temporary label to everything you're importing so you can find it quickly after you import so you know which issues to update in bulk.

Some other options you might look into if the above doesn't work for you:

• I can't remember if the CSV importer avoids JSD automation rules, but I've found it to be a good practice to to create an automation rule that will automatically set the Customer Request Type to some value if the "Customer Request Type" is ever EMPTY.
    • This also covers the scenario in which a JSD agent creates a new issue in the JSD project using the traditional Create button instead of via the customer portal view. The Customer Request Type isn't set whenever an agent user creates a ticket like this.
  • You might be able to create a rule using the Automation for Jira add-on (available on both Cloud and Server).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events