Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLOUD - create an insight object from a service management ticket

Shaun McGuire March 21, 2021

I'm using Insight Cloud and Jira Service Management Cloud

I want to create a new object in my Insight Onject schema upon creation of a service management ticket (i.e. Employee OnBoarding issue type). 

I am assuming this will be done in a post-function on the workflow in the Employee Onboarding issue. I can find where I can add a Post-Function on the Create transition, but when I select the Insight Post-Functions option, I only get two choices:

1) Set the value of an object attribute with a predefined value

2) Set a Jira field with the attribute value from a selected object

Of course, with Insight for Data Center, there appear to be many more options for Insight Post-functions.

Is there any way to accomplish this creating of a new object (i.e. Employee) in my Insight Object schema using some kind of automation?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Björn Gullander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2021

In Insight for Cloud, all post functions and automations are done in the Automation for Jira configuration. There you will find conditions on object created/updated and actions to edit/create new objects. 

You can also use smart values to use attribute values from objects in your rule. Really neat!

Björn

Shaun McGuire April 15, 2021

Thanks for the guidance. Yes, I did see that the automations in Insight have changed, and hopefully it will be easier to create objects in Insight during creation of Jira tickets. I was able to do it in the previous version of Insight through some rather complicated JSON Rest API stuff that someone in Atlassian very kindly worked through with me. It was cool when it finally worked. 

Randy Michel August 31, 2022

Hello Shaun! Any chance you can share any information on how you did this. Im 3 weeks in a deep dive on Youtibe, Forums and Atlassian websites. I still can figure out how to do the same thing! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events