Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Linking insight assets

Dominic Peters May 30, 2022

Hi im an administrator of a 2k Data Center Jira Instance. Actually we want to start with JIRA insight to automatically get Device and User informations on the tickets from their reporters. I know i have to link the object types thats ok, but we import de device information from another central CMDB and the user informations from Azure. 

Is there any possible way to assign the devices as a bulk action to their users? Otherwise the insight is useless for me but i need the informations on the ticket :/

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2022

You should be able to devices to users in your CMDB import.

Assuming your device data includes some owner identified, just make sure that identifier exists on your user object type as an attribute and the device has an owner attribute that maps to the user object type, in the import, you can specify how to identify the correct user object using IQL.

For example, perhaps your User object has an "Employee Id" attribute.

And the Device data includes a field that contains the employee id (for example, deviceOwnerId).

Then if you have a Device Owner attribute on the Device object type, you can map deviceOwnerId to "Device Owner" with IQL "Employee Id" = ${deviceOwnerId}.

Dominic Peters May 31, 2022

Thats great! Thank you very much for helping me so fast. I love this community with their leaders :) 

Mohamed Saad Taha February 16, 2023

HI @Peter-Dave Sheehan 

HI @Peter-Dave Sheehan  

is their way to update employee ID in bulk from asset management for example copy the value from attuite from type (TEXT) to attribute from type ( USER )

or re-import asset from CSV and just add new attribute (employee ID ) and if the access is exist just update this filed 

please let me know if I described my issue correctly. 

Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2023

Yes, if you have your data already imported and employee id is currently stored in a text attribute, you can create a new object reference attribute and then modify your import configuration to populate the new attribute with an appropriate reference.

As long as correctly specify the identity key, the import will only update existing records rather than create new ones.

Like Mohamed Saad Taha likes this
Mohamed Saad Taha February 18, 2023

HI @Peter-Dave Sheehan 

As long as correctly specify the identity key, the import will only update existing records rather than create new ones.

Could you please let me know How can I confirm this to update the existing records? 

I have serial attribute have validation to be unique. 

Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2023

The best way is to first run this re-import in a separate non-prod environment.

Otherwise, just make sure the field that you flag as "identifier" in the import configuration is populated with unique values in both the current insight data and the import source.

Like Mohamed Saad Taha likes this
Mohamed Saad Taha February 21, 2023

@Peter-Dave Sheehan 

thanks, a lot Peter it worked fine with me, appreciated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events