Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Bulk Linking insight assets

Hi im an administrator of a 2k Data Center Jira Instance. Actually we want to start with JIRA insight to automatically get Device and User informations on the tickets from their reporters. I know i have to link the object types thats ok, but we import de device information from another central CMDB and the user informations from Azure. 

Is there any possible way to assign the devices as a bulk action to their users? Otherwise the insight is useless for me but i need the informations on the ticket :/

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

You should be able to devices to users in your CMDB import.

Assuming your device data includes some owner identified, just make sure that identifier exists on your user object type as an attribute and the device has an owner attribute that maps to the user object type, in the import, you can specify how to identify the correct user object using IQL.

For example, perhaps your User object has an "Employee Id" attribute.

And the Device data includes a field that contains the employee id (for example, deviceOwnerId).

Then if you have a Device Owner attribute on the Device object type, you can map deviceOwnerId to "Device Owner" with IQL "Employee Id" = ${deviceOwnerId}.

Thats great! Thank you very much for helping me so fast. I love this community with their leaders :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

268 views 0 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you