Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Built-in parameter (Resolved) does not fetch the correct time of ticket resolution

Poojan May 25, 2020

Resolved field is broken. It is supposed to capture the time-stamp when the ticket was resolved/closed. In stead, it captures same value as-is for Created field. Without that field, it’s impossible to calculate Resolution Time.

Any help/suggestions around this please?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2020

Hello @Poojanpreet Singh

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I understand that your resolved field is adding the same date as the created field. Is that correct?

Can you please confirm if the date is added to the resolved field at the same time the issue is created or is it adding the wrong date after the issue is resolved?

Please, allow me to provide you with some details and concepts so we can confirm we are on the same page here:

By default, the resolved field displays the date and time that the resolution field was filled in an Issue, so It is not related to statuses or transitions.

That being said, the only possible misconfiguration I can think that must be happening is that the resolution field is being filled at the issue creation. If that's happening, those issues will be considered as closed and will not be properly displayed in your reports and some default filters, as explained in the article below:

Best practices on using the "Resolution" field 

Can you please take a look at that article and check if that's the behavior you are facing? Additionally, check the steps of the documentation to know how you can fix it.

If that's not the root cause, please provide us with a screenshot of your issues displaying the resolution field. Also, confirm if it is happening to all issues or only to specific ones.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Poojan August 18, 2020

Thanks @Petter Gonçalves 

The issue is resolved when i used a different approach.

Let me shed some more light. The built-in field Resolved is capturing the time of ticket creation. 

So I added a custom field (End time of ticket) to the service-desk. The service-desk personnels manually enter the value there, as soon as they fix their respective ticket.

However the other part of the problem is still unresolved.

Is there a way to track the time for which the ticket was not in Awaiting Response status? I intend to quantify the time when the ticket wasn't blocked on my team.

Ticket creation time --> auto-captured 

Ticket end time --> manually entered

Like Petter Gonçalves likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events