Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Browsing Jira Software project as portal customer

Hello everyone!

So, I have my customer have access to the customer portal/Help Desk of our company. I would like for those users (registered one) to have access to specific Jira Software projects, to browse issues, and potentially comment + vote for them.

I've been playing with permission schemes and user groups and I didn't find a way to get the desired result.

My "use-case" would be that users on my JSM projects, can access our bug & feature request roadmap on the Jira Software project.

I've only managed to get public access to the project but again, I don't want for issues to be visible publicly but only if you are a registered customer on our JSM portal.

Is there any way to set what I'm asking here without customer portal users having a license on the Jira Software product on my site?

Cheers,
Tomislav

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader May 03, 2021

Hi @Tomislav Tobijas ,

Sadly that's not how it's going to work.
The customer is specific to a JSM project and allow someone that way to view issues (and comment on them).

If you want them to have access to a Jira Software project they will require a license to be able to access it. Public access is another option of course but like you mentioned that's not what you want.

A JSW project does not have the notion of a customer and the JSM customers don't transfer over to your JSW project. 

Only option you have imho is to grant them a license for JSW to be able to interact with the project.

Thought so, but wanted to check anyway.

@Dirk Ronsmansthanks for the reply!

Like Henri Seymour likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

ThinkTilt is joining the Atlassian Family!

This morning, Atlassian announced the acquisition of ThinkTilt , the maker of ProForma, a no-code/low code form builder with 700+ customers worldwide. ThinkTilt helps IT empower any team in their or...

1,109 views 32 33
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you