cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browsing Jira Software project as portal customer

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2021

Hello everyone!

So, I have my customer have access to the customer portal/Help Desk of our company. I would like for those users (registered one) to have access to specific Jira Software projects, to browse issues, and potentially comment + vote for them.

I've been playing with permission schemes and user groups and I didn't find a way to get the desired result.

My "use-case" would be that users on my JSM projects, can access our bug & feature request roadmap on the Jira Software project.

I've only managed to get public access to the project but again, I don't want for issues to be visible publicly but only if you are a registered customer on our JSM portal.

Is there any way to set what I'm asking here without customer portal users having a license on the Jira Software product on my site?

Cheers,
Tomislav

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

Hi @Tomislav Tobijas ,

Sadly that's not how it's going to work.
The customer is specific to a JSM project and allow someone that way to view issues (and comment on them).

If you want them to have access to a Jira Software project they will require a license to be able to access it. Public access is another option of course but like you mentioned that's not what you want.

A JSW project does not have the notion of a customer and the JSM customers don't transfer over to your JSW project. 

Only option you have imho is to grant them a license for JSW to be able to interact with the project.

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2021

Thought so, but wanted to check anyway.

@Dirk Ronsmansthanks for the reply!

David Conifer Healthcare Solutions October 19, 2023

I know this is a little old...but hoping it still has some eyes on it...I have a similar request.

We have users that are "customers" who were previously setup to allow access to projects...this was pulling a license and frankly seemed to be more of an agent. We updated that configuration to disassociate from the license pool.

Now however, they can't do their job. They only open tickets...don't work them. They are a true customer role (and able to do that)...but they need access to the project to review other projects that they may not be assigned to for various reasons.-  I've seen the above and also received some conflicting information around assigning a browse permission that wouldn't take up a license...but unfortunately we haven't figured out how to make that work.

Thoughts?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events