Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser not supported by Jira

Marten Blixt October 27, 2020

I have a client who's using our Jira based knowledge base pages as documentation.

He's trying to reach our pages (https://geospectech.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6) either on Edge (85.0.564.51) or Chrome (86.0.4240.111), but he keeps getting a "Browser not supported by Jira" error.

I can't reproduce the error on my Edge (which is newer than my clients), nor on my Chrome, which is the same version as the client is using.

I'm keen to get our client to use our knowledge base, so I'm grateful for help

Best regards

Mårten Blixt

JiraError.jpg

3 answers

1 vote
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2020

Hi @Marten Blixt 

Generating a HAR file would let you know more information on what's causing the error. However if the user can't see this across all browser. my hunch would suggest that it has to do with the TLS version being less than v1.2 on their device.

Barb Richards November 10, 2020

Our users are having the same error.  IE and Chrome both produce this error, so perhaps something more basic.   Thanks

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2020

Hey @Barb Richards 

Have you tired login on a different device other than the one you're currently using to notice any difference?

Brian Price August 10, 2021

Did you ever get this sorted? We've just moved from an older server version to latest cloud based version, and our customers are seeing the same thing.

Sanskriti Ramtek September 26, 2023

A client is receiving the same issue where they see this error. I have shared few tips found on https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/browser-troubleshooting-guide-330796533.html however still wondering if this was resolved for anyone?

Elaine O'D.png

0 votes
Kristi Smith September 9, 2021

I have one user experiencing the same issue today - when clicking on the sign up link from the welcome email. She has verified the browser version, and tried three different browsers. She is on the same domain as other users who were able to successfully login. Did you get a resolution or work around?

0 votes
Sivakumar Kunjithapatham August 10, 2021

Our users are also facing the same problem when they are accessing the sign up link from the Welcome mail, and when they click the Forgot Password link. Did anyone get this issue sorted out?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events