how to add agile boards in "jira boards" add-on  JSM ON-PREM

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2024

Currently Boards in JSM is a Cloud only feature. There is a suggestion to have it added to JSM DC, see JSDSERVER-13977, that you can vote on and follow. 

Andrey Miranda Diaz March 19, 2024

We need this for JSM Data center version. Do you know if there is any option for the server version?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2024

You could work around it by creating a board in a JSW project and change the filter so it includes issues from the JSM project.

Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2024

I agree w Mikael. I have had to do this on DC...kanban board

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
0 votes
Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2024

@Andrey Miranda Diaz  it is not easy but add kanban board and then using change the filter to pull the issues from the Service Desk project.  I don't have my personal Service Management Data center and I will take a break at work and write it down and update my answer here tomorrow.

0 votes
Andrey Miranda Diaz March 20, 2024

Good Morning @Mikael Sandberg  and @Carla Ann Rowland ,

The procedure is not clear to me; can you help me by explaining it in more detail?

Thanks

Regards

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2024

@Andrey Miranda Diaz You need to have a Jira Software project in order to do this, then just go to that project and create a new Kanban board and base it on an existing project, which in this case would be the JSM project. 

Andrey Miranda Diaz March 21, 2024

Good afternoon @Mikael Sandberg 

Sorry maybe I didn't give you all the details:

I have Jira Service management the data center version.

requirement:

is to know if for this version there is any add-on that can add add agile boards in "jira boards" or any solution that can solve this issue.

Thanks

Regards

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2024

Doing a quick search in the Marketplace it looks like there is only one app that can do this, Jira Boards.

Andrey Miranda Diaz March 26, 2024

Good afternoon @Mikael Sandberg  and  @Carla Ann Rowland  ,

This addon does not support Sprint.

How do you start and end Sprints in Jira Service management the data center version?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2024

The only way if you want to use sprints is to set up a Jira Software project and create a scrum board there. Scrum and sprints are JSW specific features.

Hello, @Mikael Sandberg 

I see that forJSM cloud version you have added the Scrum boards feature, however we are using Jira Service management on premise data center.

Is there a way to have a board in this version?

If so, could you please send me documentation?

Thanks in advance

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2024

No, in JSM Cloud you can create a simplified Kanban board, not a Scrum board. 

Hello, @Mikael Sandberg 

I see that forJSM cloud version you have added the Scrum boards feature, however we are using Jira Service management on premise data center.

Is there a way to have a board in this version?

If so, could you please send me documentation?

Thanks in advance

okay, but how can I add scrum board in JSM DC on prem?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2024

As I have stated above, you cannot do that in a JSM project. It can only be done if you have access to Jira Software, and if so then you can create a Jira Software project and then create a board in there and change the filter for that board so it brings in the requests from your JSM project. But if you do not have access to Jira Software then the only option would be to use the app I linked to above that allows you to create a Kanban board.

Andrey Miranda Diaz March 27, 2024

Thanks for you help me 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events