• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Block certain email from sending email requests

Hi all,

We're having a problem where we're getting emailed requests from a subscription email by a third party that usually sends us notifications at the email (it@national.biz). This is the email that we have out customers send help request emails to and consequently they become emailed requests. But we don't want emails coming from that third party email address to become tickets.

Is there a way around this?

1 answer

1 vote

Hello Ian,

You could make a rule to push those email to a folder (in the recipient mail adress) where JIRA doesn't have access to it.

Hope this helps

@Mohamed Benziane ,

So I'd make this rule in SD Automation to send it back to a folder from our email domain that Jira doesn't have access to? Or have tickets made by that email go into another queue? Or create a rule in Gmail/ Google Admin (we use Gmail) to have emails from that domain not send to Jira?

Not sure if I understand.

Hi Ian,

Sorry if i wasn't clear. You need to write this rule on your gmail ot outlook.

Thanks for this. We get so many emails from vendors that we don't want to create response emails to because it then creates a new ticket on our end and their end and the automation rules we're getting messy and things were falling through the cracks. I hadn't even thought to address this from the source (Outlook), that will be much easier to maintain and deal with instead. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

241 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you