Block certain email from sending email requests

Ian Balas September 25, 2019

Hi all,

We're having a problem where we're getting emailed requests from a subscription email by a third party that usually sends us notifications at the email (it@national.biz). This is the email that we have out customers send help request emails to and consequently they become emailed requests. But we don't want emails coming from that third party email address to become tickets.

Is there a way around this?

1 answer

1 vote
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2019

Hello Ian,

You could make a rule to push those email to a folder (in the recipient mail adress) where JIRA doesn't have access to it.

Hope this helps

Ian Balas September 26, 2019

@Mohamed Benziane ,

So I'd make this rule in SD Automation to send it back to a folder from our email domain that Jira doesn't have access to? Or have tickets made by that email go into another queue? Or create a rule in Gmail/ Google Admin (we use Gmail) to have emails from that domain not send to Jira?

Not sure if I understand.

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2019

Hi Ian,

Sorry if i wasn't clear. You need to write this rule on your gmail ot outlook.

Whitni Smith October 30, 2020

Thanks for this. We get so many emails from vendors that we don't want to create response emails to because it then creates a new ticket on our end and their end and the automation rules we're getting messy and things were falling through the cracks. I hadn't even thought to address this from the source (Outlook), that will be much easier to maintain and deal with instead. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events