cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practices to secure human resources project from internal administrators

Bin Liang
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2020

Please contribute your expertise and recommendations to secure Human Resources Jira Service Desk project.  So highly confidential issues such as compensation, dispute, etc are securely limited to certain HR team members only, especially from internal administrators, global or project.

Jira service desk issue security can limit to Reporter Only.   If administrator adds himself to view the issue, can in-erasable trace be kept or alarmed? 

In case of troubleshooting, the administrator has to have right to visit those issues.

Thanks!!

2 comments

Trevan Householder_Isos-Tech-Consulting_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2020

@Bin Liang Typically, HR projects are restricted to specific, trusted individuals in the HR team + one OPS person.  Alternatively, the OPS person could be added on a case by case basis, i.e. when there's need for troubleshooting. These actions (project permission changes) are logged.

Logs can be aggregated to a central location for audit and review by the security team. In the case of Jira On-Prem/Server, a crafty system administrator could delete the log but that would be a sure sign of meddling and raise red flags for sure.

Like Dave Liao likes this
Bin Liang
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2020

Thanks Trevan!  That makes sense.  So it sounds like this typical HR project permission set up can be done without issue security. Is it?

Trevan Householder_Isos-Tech-Consulting_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2020

My pleasure, @Bin Liang 

Actually, you must use Issue Security or some other app to achieve this, in addition to project permissions.

Like Dave Liao likes this
Jelan lekr January 20, 2021

I solved this with the instead new Structure.Gantt-Plugin and a custom hw aid discipline. This labored quite well about this page. What I could not remedy smoothly is that each undertaking requires each HR-resources and equipment in my use case and both need to be deliberate on the equal time.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events