Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practice for when an agent is out of office

Katherine Stevens October 28, 2020

I'm looking for a best practice.  I have an agent who is going on vacation.  What should we do if a customer replies to one of their tickets?  I rather not re-assign all the tickets to another agent.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2020

Agree with others on reassigning and I would even consider leveraging automation to reassign at departure and the assign back to the original agent upon return. Of course there are exceptions to consider so what is best depends on your situation and customer relationship as Nic indicates. 

0 votes
Katherine Stevens October 29, 2020

This agent has a large number of open ticket.  

Thanks @Jack Brickey !  The automation rule worked!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2020

I think it depends on the relationship with the customer.

If you have set the customer expectation is that responses will be dealt with quickly, then, yes, consider assigning it to another agent so that the issue doesn't languish and the customer doesn't get let down.  In fact, the ideal thing to do is to adjust the issue in a way that makes it jump to the front of the queue, so it's the next thing your agents will look at when they finish their current task.

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 28, 2020

Katherine,

I'd have someone watch the tickets so that updates will be seen. You can Watch the ticket by clicking W when viewing the ticket.

More information can be found here.

Thanks!

Kian

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders