Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation to Share a Ticket

Rhonda El Allamy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 22, 2022

Hello,

I'm looking to automatically share a ticket with an Organization once the ticket is created, but I cannot find the ability to do so.  Is this doable, and if so, how would I go about it?

Thanks,
Rhonda

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Josiane Oliveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2022

Hello Rhonda, I hope you’re having a great day! 

When you say "Organization" do you mean Atlassian organization or a Customer organization, if you mean the Customer organization (within projects) you just need to create the organizations you need and add the customers to it, then, by default, the tickets will be shared among the members of the organization:

• Organizations are groups of customers that can be used in multiple service projects. When you add an organization to a project, its members can raise requests in the project and share them with the organization. They're also notified about the organization's requests and can view and search for them on the requests list in the help center. This also means that the request will be shared with all the organization members when the organization is added to the request.

These are the steps:

1. Add an organization to a service project 
  2. Add a customer to an organization 

I hope this helps you! :)

Regards

Josiane Oliveira

Atlassian Support 

Josiane Oliveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2022

Also, I noticed that you mentioned automation in the summary, I believe that this rule may help you to achieve what you need:
Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 11.25.25.png

There are some ways to do this using conditions and you can check them here: Jira automation conditions 

Regards

Josiane Oliveira

Atlassian Support 

Rhonda El Allamy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 27, 2022

Thank you for your response, Josiane.  My apologies for not specifying.  When referring to an Organization, I mean a Customer Organization.  I've created an organization and added customers to it; however, I am not finding a way to use automation in order to share each newly created ticket with the Organization I created.

Thanks,

Rhonda

Josiane Oliveira
Atlassian Team
September 27, 2022

Hi Rhonda, g'day!

In the portal when the customer is a member of a customer organization it'll appear the button "share with", this button defines if the request will be shared or not:

Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 09.40.11.png

Also, make sure that the option Should new requests automatically be shared with a customer's organization? is set as Yes in the Products settings:
Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 09.42.43.png

The members of the organization can view what requests were shared in the portal like this:

Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 09.44.34.png 

So, if this is what you need, then by default the Customer organizations can solve it.

The automation rule is interesting when you have a lot of organizations and needs to have some conditional (i.e.: it'll share if it's regarding a specific Request type) before sharing the ticket with the organization.

Let me know if this helps you! :)

Regards

Josiane Oliveira

Atlassian Support 

Like # people like this
Jamshid V_ April 15, 2024

@Josiane Oliveira  Hi Josiane, is there possibly a smart value for 'Share with' field?

When an email is sent to the mailbox, JSM creates a ticket and the CC'd are automatically added to 'Share With' field in the customer portal.

I want to ensure that  'Share with' users will receive every comment sends a email notification.
Any advise would be helpful here.

Regards,
Jamshid V.

Like John Stewart likes this
John Stewart
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 19, 2024

Following for response.

HLH May 14, 2024

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events