Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation to Clone Sub-Tasks from a Ticket into another one

Dominic Peters May 13, 2023

Hi community,

is it possible to clone Sub-Tasks from a Ticket into another Ticket without Sub-Tasks. For example

Ticket A

Sub-Task A.1

Sub-Task A.2

Sub-Task A.3

Ticket B

Clone of Sub-Task A.1

Clone of Sub-Task A.2

Clone of Sub-Task A.3

The trigger could be a manually in the first step. 

Many thanks in advance

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dominic Peters May 15, 2023

I found it out by myself :) i have 3 automations they work together in a little chain. The first one is linking the new ticket (Ticket B) with the old one, the second one reacts on this link and push the values i need from the old A to B and the 3rd one (i copyed them) reacts on the field value change and create the same Sub-Tasks like ticket A based on the checkbox list.

0 votes
Somnath Patil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2023

Hi @Dominic Peters ,

To clone Sub-Task A.1, Sub-Task A.2, Sub-Task A.3 from Ticket A to Ticket B follow the following steps.

Clone all the three Sub-Tasks in Ticket A. Three cloned ticket will be created : Ticket A Clone of Sub-Task A.1, Clone of Sub-Task A.2 and, Clone of Sub-Task A.3 .

->Open Clone of Sub-Task A.1 issue then click on the three dots(Actions) on the right corner side, select move and then you will change parent option. Select change parent option and click on next and It will ask for Parent issue mention the parent issue key(i.e : Ticket B) Clone of Sub-Task A will be moved to Ticket B.

Follow the same steps for Clone of Sub-Task A.2 and  Clone of Sub-Task A.3.

Dominic Peters May 14, 2023

Hi @Somnath Patil ,

thank you for your fast reply. I think forgot something sorry... I need an automation for this process. There is an customfield with a value like "old ticket number" i have an automation that link this value automatically with Ticket A (the old Ticket) but i need something that clone after this link all subtasks from A to Ticket B. Is this Possible?

Dominic Peters May 15, 2023

Maybe its a workaround if i copy a custom field value from Ticket A to Ticket B. In Ticket A there is a trigger, that create the sub-tasks, from some Checkboxes. If i could "copy" this Chekboxvalues to Ticket B it can trigger the same automation to create the Sub-Tasks similiar to Ticket A.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events