Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation suddenly malfunctioning due to actor permissions

Thijs Van Baelen April 24, 2021

Dear community, 

We use several automation rules in our internal service desk project which are quite important. Most of them come from Atlassian provided templates.

The 'automation for jira' users had never worked for us so we decided to add 'Internal IT' (site admin) as rule actor.

This has been working for quite some time but suddenly on the morning of 21/04 all of our automation rules have stopped working, all with the same error message:

"Actor does not have permission to view one or more issues, or the issue was deleted" 

All of our rules started failing around 6 AM Brussels time, I've checked our audit logs and no changes were made by us.

Permission helper shows that Internal IT has all access required to be able to comment or transition for example.

I'm out of inspiration and would very much appreciate the community's input - if you require any further information or screenshots, please ask and I will provide.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thijs Van Baelen April 29, 2021

We we're able to resolve the problem by simply adding the actor for the automation rules (Internal IT) to the permission scheme - directly as a user and not through groups.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2021

Have you verified via manual operation that the individual with IT admin permissions can actually make the change that is being attempted by automation. Be sure to use one of the specific issues that was flagged as a failure during the Automation. 

Thijs Van Baelen April 27, 2021

Dear @Jack Brickey , 

Thank you for your input!

I've logged in as 'Internal IT' and I'm able to view and edit the tickets that the automation audit log reported as 'no permission to view one or more issues, or the issue was deleted'.

Anything else you suggest I should check?

Kind regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events