Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation rules

Cristina - Elena Andrei March 20, 2023

Hi,

If I will use Automation rules, it will be possible to auto fill the summary field for a request on Jira Service Managament?

If is possible how i should handle?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2023

Yes, and no. The summary has to be set when the issue is created, and automation runs after that happens. So what you could do is set a default summary, and then have an automation that triggers on issue create that edits the summary to something else.

Well, for a summary i wrote a default summary : eg. Select <user>. Where is "user", with automation rule i would like to select whatever assignee.

So on the automation rule how i should do to aapear maybe a list with the name of the users and pick the one/ones i needed?

Eg: Select <users> to be replaced with Select Cristina.

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2023

One way of doing it is to use replace, like this:

{{issue.summary.replace("<user>","{{issue.reporter.displayName}}")}}

Another option would be to use substringBefore.

Thank you!

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Cristina - Elena Andrei March 21, 2023

What about if i want to select a user?

It is useful this information {{issue.summary.replace("<user>",{{issue.reporter.displayName}}")}} but if want to select a user? To be different that one who reported? A mentioned user or something like that. 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2023

That's possible too,  the reporter was just an example. For example, I have an automation that looks for a specific text within the description that is then used to find duplicate issues. You could also use a custom field to specify the user, either a user picker one or a text field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events