Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation rule keeps failing

Daan Gönning January 24, 2021

Hi,

I created an automation rule. When a JSD ticket is created, I want the agent to assign it to a colleague (Developer).

After that, there should be created a linked JIRA ticket automatically. 

However, I keep getting the error; 

Create issue

Could not find create meta data for project/typeId -

See the rule below. Am I missing something?

Schermafbeelding 2021-01-24 om 11.25.24.png 

1 answer

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2021

Hi @Daan Gönning 

Can you please verify the existence of the fields in target support project?

For example, it says "Same issue type". Do all issue types in Service Management project exist in Support project too?

Please check all the mapped fields.

ps: After solving the problem, you can add a component to this rules which is "Link Issue" to link both tickets.

Best

Thanks @Tansu Akdeniz . I'll check the mapped fields. What do you mean with the link issue component? I can't find that one in my conditions list. And, how would the configuration be? 

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2021

I mean the screenshot you provided will create an issue but there will be no link btw source and target issue. In order to do that, you should add a new action (not condition) which is "Link Issue".

link.png

Yes! It did work, thanks a lot!
I changed it al little bit:

When: Issue assigned
Then: Create new 
And link issue to....

However, the "link issue" is now triggered to link the most recent JSD ticket. But I can imagine that the most recent issue is not the same as the trigger (issue assigned). On busy days, the assigning of a ticket can be done while a ticket is already some minutes in our queue. 

Any idea to improve this? For our JIRA support board, it is important to have someone assigned.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2021

In that scenario "And: Link issue to" Trigger issue (instead of: Most recently created issue) would suit better.

Daan Gönning January 25, 2021

@Daniel Ebers , Yes I tried, however, I get the following error:

Error linking issues SERV-50: You cannot link an issue to itself.

it seems to think the SERV-50 issue is the trigger AND the creator..create.png

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2021

I see, there was some minor tweaking still needed:

Unbenannt.png

Please notice the rule was executed successfuly earliest when put global automation, and there specifically with Scope "Multiple projects" like shown in the screenshot.

Rule.png

Please note that you can still use "When Issue assigned" instead of "When Issue commented" as well as the condition for "Organization". It was just done like shown above for a test.

Please check and let us know how it works.

@Daniel Ebers Thanks! I am one step closer. However, in Rule Details I can't choose for scope multiple projects.  It says:

Scope can only be modified in the global administration.

But that seems to be like a death end. 

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2021

Actually, it works pretty well. In global administration you need to add the projects by widening the scope to "Multiple projects" like shown in the screenshot above - then things should really start to work ;)
Note: you need to be Jira-Administrator to do it - it won't suffice holding project administrator permissions.

This is what I see. The rule details are not the same as yours:s

When I click at Global Administration, I see the global rules, but none of them is active, and none of them has that scope.

rule details.png

globalad.png

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2021

Assuming the rule is already there you could go to "All Rules" and change the scope.
In global rules it cannot be this time as the scope is not yet set to anything it would qualify it "global".

allrules.png

Amazing! It does work. Great, thanks! 

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2021

Sure, you're welcome. Glad that it is working now!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events