Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root


1 badge earned


Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!


Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.


Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!


Automation rule for linked issues

Hi, in our project we have a need for a very specific automation rule.

We have a issue hierarchy,  meaining issue type A being the father ticket (a problem so to say) and issue type B always being the child (the solution so to say), they are linked together. However, it is possible that the father issue A1 and A2 have the same content but they need to exist seperately, this also goes for their child tickets B1 and B2. So we have identical problems which have identical solutions. B1 could therefore be described as a duplicate of B2. The only difference is, that B1 needs to go to a different quality gate than B2.

Our assignees only have to work on the child tickets B1, B2,... Bn. Since B2, B3, B..., Bn could be seen as duplicates of B1, we thought that we might could use an automation rule to edit the "duplicates" according to the changes that the assignee is making within B1. This rule also needs to hand the tickets to the correct quality gate, according to the parameters of the ticket.


For issue type B we have a workflow inculding 2 quality gates. Only one of them may be used for a ticket. The information in the ticket defines which quality gate to take, lets call this parameter "source".

In general I already have a working roule which may covers 75% of the cases. But I fail for the remaining 25%. The problem is following situation: 

  • I have father tickets A1, A2, A3 with their child tickets B1, B2, B3
  • B2 and B3 (slaves) duplicates B1 (master) so the assignee only should edit B1 and all the changes should be transferred to B2 and B3 by the rule
  • B2 and B1 having "1" for source, B3 has "2" as value

With the following rule I achive that only one of the duplicated tickets is moved into the correct quality gate status depending on which condition is the fist one to be true. I dont know how to create a rule which will be executed for every linked slave ticket in case the master ticket gets a status update.


I hope I manage to explain the problem and that there is someone with a solution to the problem.


Best regards,


0 answers

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events