Automation: reminder to customer 5 days after my last comment

Zeke Furness May 12, 2021

Hi all,

I'm looking for an automation solution on my IT support board.
I would like to set up a reminder for customers to respond to a ticket after 5 days of no response.

I figured the trigger would maybe be me to comment on the ticket (being the agent) and then 5 days after my comment, if there hasn't been a customer response, to send a comment to them prompting for a response.

I couldn't quite figure out time based criteria in the automation screen;
Has anyone achieved this?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

Hi @Zeke Furness and welcome to the community,

There is no direct and native way to search for the last comment date of tickets. But assuming that in nearly all cases your comment is probably the last action that happened on the ticket, you can with fairly great confidence use this alternative to retrieve a list of tickets you want to send notifications for:

Status = "Waiting for Customer" AND Updated <= 5d

This JQL statement should be the trigger for your automation.

Note that I included the status in there as well, to narrow down the selection of tickets to those really blocked by a reply from your customer.

The best way to handle the notification will be to add a comment to your ticket, as this will:

• trigger a reminder message to your customer
  • trigger an update to your ticket, so there will not be a new reminder for the next 5 days.

Hope this helps!

Zeke Furness May 12, 2021

Hi Walter,
Thank you for your solution - I'll give this a go!

Cheers
Zeke

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events