cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation "Add Service Desk Customer" doesn't notify user by email

Sobloo Helpdesk Admin November 2, 2020

Hello,

On issue creation, we add a user to Customers list of the project

This action is made thanks to the automation "Add Service Desk Customer" but this action doesn't notify user by email with invitation link.

Notes :

1/ When we do the "Add customers" action manually from the customer list view, the user receives correctly the email with email template that we created (that contains the invitation link).

2/ We also tried to send email by adding an other automation but the "smart value" doesn't allow to insert invitation link.

Do you have a solution for this problem ?

Thank you for the support.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2020

Hello @Sobloo Helpdesk Admin

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand you are using the new Jira automation (Not legacy) to properly add a customer to your project when creating a new issue, however, the customer created is not receiving any notifications about its invitation to the portal. Is that correct?

In order to better troubleshoot the issue, please provide us with the information below:

1. Why are you using the automation rule exactly? Are you trying to only add a specific customer when the issue is created or are you looking for a different goal? Can you give us a full explanation of what you are trying to achieve?
  2. How is the issue being created? Is this being created by Agents or customers from the customer portal or Internal UI?
  3. Can you please provide us with a screenshot of your automation rule?
  4. Can you please provide us with the detailed step-by-step you follow from the issue creation to the automation trigger?

With the information provided until now, I would say you might be facing the bug reported below:

Actions performed by user “Automation for Jira” won’t trigger Customer Notifications

In that case, I suggest navigating to your Automation rule and change the actor "Automation for Jira" to any other user and check if it works for you.

We will be waiting for the information requested to better understand the issue and further troubleshoot. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Sobloo Helpdesk Admin November 18, 2020

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

Yes we are using the new Jira automation and you understood correctly.

1. "Adding the user as customer to the project" is really the goal of this action. We create user on Jira after the user created account on our platform. This allow him to create a ticket on the project.

2. An agent send an email to JIRA to create user after user account creation on our platform. It will be hard to change this behaviour now because its legacy code.

3. We linked our application with JIRA and when a user is created, JIRA receives an email. This email reveived, a jira automation create an issue and add the new user to the project. This user should receive email to initialize his password and will be able to create issues on our JIRA project after with his account.

We have tried your solution (changing actor) but nothing changes :

actor_selection.png

The Automation (Add user is at the end) :

automation_add_user_new_version.png

The user is added in this list but the email notifications is not send.

current_way.png

Our current way to do it is thanks to this button "Add Customers" (just above in last picture) but this manual task takes time..

Thank you for the support.

Sobloo Helpdesk Admin February 15, 2021

Hello, do you have any news about this topic ?

Sobloo Helpdesk Admin February 24, 2021

Hello,

We face the same issue for months now. We have a large group of users that we have to add manually and we can't continue like this. I retried today and the result is still the same.

Could you please add this issue in your roadmap ?

Thank you for the support,

The Sobloo Team

Marveri Jira Administrator
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 28, 2023

Hello,

Does someone have an update about this Automation and the fact the Invitation Email is not being sent ?

Thanks !

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events