cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation mail to organization

Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2020

Is there a possibility to send an email through automation to an organization?

We tried smart values like {{#issue.Organizations}}{{#users}}{{emailAddress}},{{/}}{{/}} as suggested in https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-475 but this doesn't work.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2020

I have not played w/ organization in Automation. I found this thread that would indicate it is possible - Smart-value-for-Organization . See if it gives you some clues. Note the ticket you posted wasn't calling out a syntax that works but a suggestion of what it might look like.

Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2020

@Jack Brickey 

Thanks for the reply.

Smart values do actually work like 

{{issue.Organizations.name}}

But not for mailing to it in automation.

If you request issue.organizations you only get an id and a name, not the content of its organization.

Not sure if it is even possible what we are trying to do 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2020

thanks for the confirmation. I have not idea if it is either but my guess would be no. I would suggest reaching out to Atlassian support if you don't get an good answer here.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events