Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation for status change

Daniel Hauman January 7, 2021

Hello, I've run into a very predictable issue where most of our techs are neglecting/forgetting about tickets that get placed in an "on hold" status. To counter this I'd like to do 2 things. First, I'm changing our SLA policy so the resolution SLA no longer pauses when a ticket is place on hold. Second, I'd like to build in some automation that changes a ticket status from on hold to waiting for support after a period of time in order to keep the ticket within the assigned technicians view. 

The first item has been completed but I'm needing a little assistance on the second. Can anyone point me in the right direction? 

2 answers

0 votes
Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2021

@Daniel Hauman ,

You can create a automation rule something like this 

Create a JQL query like this for trigger updated<="-5d" AND status="on hold" (here i have taken as 5 days, you can change as per your use case), then as an action you can change the status to waiting for support.

Please find bellow screenshot for your reference.

Kindly accept the answer if it resolves your issue.

onhold.png

kmaier March 21, 2022

I know this is an older post but hopefully someone can help.  I followed the above suggestion and my automation keeps erroring out after it is run.  I'm looking to have cases moved from a pending status to waiting for support after 24 hours.  I can't tell what is wrong so any help is appreciated.  The audit log shows "Transition issue.  Destination status could not be resolved.

onhold.PNG

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

Hi Daniel. JSM comes with built it automation. It also has script to close the ticket after like 3 days or so. You can copy that script and modify accordingly to the transition you need. That should get you to what you want to do.

-Ben

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events