Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation for Jira not posting comments as public comments

Zeerak Khurshid November 22, 2023

Hello, 

Our organization is currently running Jira Service Management on Data Center (v9.4.11/5.4.11). I am trying to use Automation for Jira to post a publicly comment on a ticket coming in from a form on the customer portal. The automation is saved and published with the "Share with customer" option selected (as seen in Fig 1), and the comment is posted, but it is posted internally (as seen in Fig 2).

AutomationComment.PNG

Figure 1: share with customer option selected

AutomationComment_Internal.PNG

Figure 2: Internal comment

Anyone else having issues posting public comments in JSM Data Center? I understand in JSM Cloud there was an issue that has been fixed now and allows for public and internal comment options in the form of a dropdown menu.

Cheers!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Zeerak Khurshid December 21, 2023

Hello all, 

Atlassian advised that this issue is due to the user who's running the rule not having JSM agent access to the application. 

They also provided some helpful links for more context:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/automation-rule-posts-private-comments-instead-of-public-comments-1236599502.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/collaborate-with-other-jira-teams-on-jira-service-management-issues-950813501.html

1 vote
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2023

Hi @Zeerak Khurshid 

Strange! I'd ask Atlassian Support about this one.

They should be able to confirm the issue. If it is a bug, you could then raise it as one :)

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events