Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation for Jira -- Rule to start the SLA next day if the issue/request is created after 2PM.

Sami Shaik March 23, 2023

Hello there,

I am trying to achieve the following scenario using Automation for Jira (A4J).

Scenario:

We have a JSM project and have an active "Time to Resolution" SLA configured.

SLA Configuration Calendar:

Working Hours: 8 AM - 4 PM

Requirement:

For any requests which were created after 2 PM, SLA should not be started immediately, and SLA should start the next day morning at 8 AM. (if the request is created during the weekend, then SLA should start at 8 AM start of the week after the weekend).

Regards,

Sami S.

1 answer

0 votes
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023
To achieve this scenario using Automation for Jira (A4J), you can create a new automation rule that triggers when an issue is created or updated. Then, you can add a condition to check if the issue creation time is after 2 PM, and if it meets the condition, you can set the SLA Start Time to be the next working day at 8 AM by using a set field value action. To determine the next working day, you can use a Jira expression that calculates the next working day based on the configured calendar. If the issue is created during the weekend, you can adjust the Jira expression to calculate the start time for the next working day after the weekend.
Sami Ahmed Shaik March 28, 2023

Dear @Riley Venable ,

Thanks for the response. I did try to configure the A4J rule, but I couldn't find setting up the SLA start time using the set field action.

Could you please guide me step by step configuration?

Regards,

Sami S.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events