Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation deleted user

Otto Kog August 31, 2020

Hello,

We set up an automation rule so that when an issue is created we can assign it to one of our agents depending on a field that is indicated by the user. Pretty simple.

After specifying the user and publishing the changes, the user is shown as "(deleted user?)". Note that when we write the users name there isn't any suggestion to select an existing user, just a text box.

How can we fix this so the selected user is actually selected? 

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Florian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2020

I would change the type of the input field. There is a field type User Picker. This ensures that the value is actually a user. 

If you cannot change the field for some reason try the advanced field settings in you automation rule (I guess you are using Automation for Jira) 

Here are some examples of the right JSON: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-field-editing-json/

Scroll down until you see the assignee field examples. 

Otto Kog September 2, 2020

Maybe I didn't explain this correctly, the user input field is in the automation module, so it's not something we'd be able to change.

I've read other issues like this one and it usually says it's an issue with the permissions of the user that owns the custom automation rule. We've tried changing the owner to the administrator and had the same result.

Florian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2020

I think I understand. You do something like this:

1.png

In this case Jira does not suggest a valid user (I would consider this as a bug).

But when you use a different rule (edit instead of assign). It works just fine (at least in Jira Server). Take a look:

1.png

Otto Kog September 2, 2020

It worked by editing the field like you said. 

I had to use the users id because the input didn't provide any suggestions. 

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events