Automation and issue.summary string manipulation

Bob Sellers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

I need to parse the summary of issues created by an automated system in order to determine routing and SLAs. Is there a detailed page or doc that is good reference for working with regex and smart values? Did some searching and found examples but not one that explains it. I need to extract, format (string) then write to a custom field.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

Hi Bob, I think you may already be aware of this document area but just in case - automate-your-jira-cloud-processes-and-workflows , what-are-smart-values 

For Regex pick your favorite website, here is one - Regular_Expressions 

Bob Sellers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

Yes, I did. thank you.

I am going to end up doing all the manipulation of data in Power Automate then call Jira using REST. 

Like Darryl Lee likes this
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

Hey @Bob Sellers , I've heard bits and pieces about Power Automate. That's Microsoft's version of IFTTT/Zapier, yes? How do you like it? Would love if you can share how you got things working with Jira.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events