Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation and change issue type

it March 13, 2020

Hello,

could you be so kindly to give me feedback is there any possibility to change issue type in automation rule.

When I want to add new rule:

WHEN - issue created,
IF - found issue (...)

THEN - "edit type of request"

But I want to change issue type not request type.

OR when I change the REQUEST TYPE with issue type?

JIRA 1.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2020

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When using an automation to change the issue type, for it to work correctly, it's necessary that the other issue type has the same workflow.

The Request type works with the Issue type. For example, changing the Issue type will make the Request type empty and with that, the ticket won't be visible to the customer portal and customers won't receive notifications for the affected ticket.

Before creating the automation, it will be necessary to check that. Please, confirm if the issue type A has the same workflow than issue type B, otherwise, the bug below will happen:

Regards,
Angélica

it March 23, 2020

Thanks for reply.

John P Dion January 3, 2023

I know this is an old statement, but this should be doable. When I use the interface it asks me what status I want to move it to, why can't the automation also just pick up the destination status.  I set it to the first status in the new workflow but it won't work.  Apparently there's a plugin that works but this should be out of the box.

Like # people like this
Paul Min January 19, 2024

totally!!! should be out of the box!

Zach McCormick
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 21, 2024

Does anyone know if there is a feature request for this? I am in agreement here and would very much like to transition issue types to different workflows using an automation.

0 votes
it March 23, 2020

I have downloaded free plugin "Automation for Jira" and there is no problem to change type of issue, even if those types have another workflows.

pradnya.ramtirthakar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 4, 2020

Can you please share the link to download the plugin?

Paul Min January 19, 2024

Have you got a new link for this as the link above doesnt seem to be the right one (now)

Malene Vikkelsø February 18, 2024

The "Automation for Jira"-app that is being referred, it probably the new out-of-the-box Automation that Jira provides, as Atlassian acquired/brought the app.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events