Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Rules add comment and prevent from switching status

Ann Marie Kjerland February 14, 2020

I've got an automated comment that gets added to a ticket after 6 days "Hi there, we haven't heard from you in a while. If you would like to keep this request open or if you have additional information, just reply. If not, issue will be closed in 2 days."

The issue is that when I add the comment it switches the status from Waiting on Customer to Waiting on Support.  I have to manual update the status so it will get auto closed in 2 days.  I can't figure out how to add a comment and prevent it from switching status.

Any suggestions?  Thanks All 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2020

Hi @Ann Marie Kjerland 

That is a popular automation. 

Here is my default automation rule and I know it works and it doesn't put the request back into Waiting for Support, instead it Resolves the request. 

I have another rule that sets the status to Closed after 2 days. 

After 7 days - Resolve.jpg

-Mike

Ann Marie Kjerland February 14, 2020

Thanks for the tip I'll try that 

Sue Hannan May 12, 2020

@Mike Bowen  can you help me figure out how to change the sender of the automatic internal comment that is in reference to the time to resolution timeframe ending

1 vote
GRUPO NEXT March 3, 2021

Hi,

I have the same issue

I've got an automated comment that gets added to a ticket after 6 days "Hi there, we haven't heard from you in a while. If you would like to keep this request open or if you have additional information, just reply. If not, issue will be closed in 2 days."

But....

I need to delete this rule. How can I do this? Please, it's urngent! My customer is angry...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events