Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation - Reply "Ticket has been closed, please open a new" if they e-mail a closed ticket

mihai_sararu September 3, 2020

Hello Everyone,

Can i setup Jira to automatically send an e-mail to the user ( " Ticket has been closed, please open a new one if problem persists " ) if the user comments on a closed ticket?

Example : 

Ticket open -> Reviewed by support -> Fixed -> Closed by Support.

After this ticket has been closed by any reason the customer instead of opening a new ticket does " Reply " on the closed ticket. I would like if that happens for Jira to automatically send the customer an e-mail saying " Ticket has been closed, please open a new one if problem persists ".

1 answer

0 votes
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2020

@mihai_sararu 

Yes you can add the same in closed notification email body under customer notifications. 

mihai_sararu September 3, 2020

@Fahad Siddiqui Isn't this just for when you take the ticket from waiting for customer or waiting for support to Closed? I need an automation to send the message whenever the customer hits "reply" instead of opening a new one.

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2020

@mihai_sararu automation is possible but i believe you need to have another link when its reopened.

mihai_sararu September 7, 2020

@Fahad Siddiqui So is there a way to do this? And how?

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2020

Dear,

you need to go in Customer notifications there under 

Default rules 

then go in Request resolved you can insert the variables.

or 

Go in Add custom rules in Automation

this will help you in do the required changes.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events