Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Audit Log Shows Successful but request is not assigned to correct users

Nandhini kandan February 8, 2021

Hi We need to assign request based on custom field request type and business unit. I have configured automation rule but it is not working as expected;. Audit log it is successfully executed.Also it should assigned to group of people

Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2021

Hello @Nandhini kandan,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community and for sharing the screenshot.

Just to better understand what is happening in this case, I would like to know if that JQL is returning more tickets than only PAXSD-2108 because since the other tickets weren’t edited, it seems that the other tickets didn’t meet the criteria. 

Also, in Jira Cloud, it’s not possible to assign tickets to a group, only to a single user.

It’s important to check as well if there are no post functions on the workflow to assign the issue to a specific user, or default value for the field on the request types or even a default assignee in the project (Project settings > Details) because it may override the automation rule or vice versa. 

Can you please check the history of that ticket to see if the automation assigned the ticket to a user and then who or what unassigned/assigned it?

Kind regards,
Angélica

Nandhini kandan February 12, 2021

Hi Angelica,

My issues has been fixed now. Issue was already 1 automation rule was executing in backend.so i modified it according to my requirement. So JQL query is working now.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events