Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically combine several open tickets into one

Bryan.Lumije October 5, 2022

Hi,

We receive several tickets for the same APM (a product that we have). I am wondering how to automatically combine several open tickets into one (avoiding duplicates and optimizing work). 

Hopefully someone could help.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2022

Hi @Bryan.Lumije ,

Natively the merging issues feature is not available in Jira. You can only link tickets, for example, using duplicates / is duplicated by links. To add this feature, you can vote on this feature request: 

If you want to merge tickets with removing duplicates or merge them automatically (without manual clinking on the issue), you can use the Issue Merger PRO for Jira app developed by Appsvio (it's paid app).

Best regards,

Kate

Chief Product Officer & Co-founder @Appsvio

P.S. I see that you use server / data center version, so I added appropriate tags.

Thank you @Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ , appreciate this reply.

I will discuss this internally with out team.

Bryan

Like Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ likes this
0 votes
Mohamed Saad Taha October 5, 2022

@Bryan.Lumije  I think the correlation should happen from the APM tool it self for example all events generated with same (attributes) shouldn't be send to Jira or to be correlated with the root cause and I think most of APM tool have this mechanism 

Hi @Mohamed Saad Taha thanks for this input. 

Not sure if I have explained my scenario properly. Basically, I want to merge tickets that are having the same value for a specific custom field. In this case, if the value of "DLL APM Name SNP" is the same, then I would like to merge these tickets.

Screenshot 2022-10-05 172040.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events