Automatically assign email address to organization by domain

Ronit April 26, 2018

In Jira Service Desk, I would like tickets to be automatically assigned to an organization according to a domain. Is that possible?

2 answers

4 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2018

This is not yet available as a built-in Jira Service Desk feature, please watch and vote for the following issue to further increase Atlassian's awareness of this already highly voted feature request:

That being said, Code Barrel's excellent Automation Automation for Jira app offers this already (amongst many other additional features to automate your support workflows, and there is also a free Lite version), please refer to the introductory blog post Set organization in Jira Service Desk using reporter’s email domain for details.

Alexis Droussiotis January 21, 2020

Doesn't fully work - The only see the first 50 organizations 

I have over 300 organizations- so it only works for the first 50  

Also if you have multiple domains in the organization it only takes the first emails domain 

Laura_dierker July 28, 2020

Thanks for that info. So this is a short term fix, if you have 50 customers or will grow it will wear out.

Alexis Droussiotis July 28, 2020

It works fine if you have less than 50 organizations...if you grow to 300 Organizations (Like we are) ,,it will just work for the first 50 organizations and not work for the rest of the 250....

It must be a small API bug that developers are ignoring. but its unusable for me...

It seems i was the first to find the bug and they created a DEV ticket to fix, but no1 has mentioned anything in 6 months ..

Please see the ticket below: 

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-1852

Celine Penaredondo February 16, 2022

Hi the link does not work anymore @Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ 

1 vote
Christopher Harris November 7, 2020

We were evaluating Service Desk but the lack of this feature kills it for us.  We'd love to buy the product but this basic feature holds it back.  All competing support ticketing products I've seen have the ability to assign tickets to organization by email domains.  We have over 50 customer organizations as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events