Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic routing based on email

Daan Gönning January 7, 2021

Hi,

Is it possible to automatically route service desk requests to a specific team? For example:

I have 1 JIRA Service Desk board. In this board, I want to have all the support issue's from all of our customers (digital agency, working project based). 

When a request is incoming, I want, based on the email address (@domain) the request being sent to a specific team. (Or, a team that receives a (slack?) notification.

This because of the knowledge. Customers are being handled in a team. 

I do prefer to not make a service desk board per customer. This makes the management quite difficult with 40+ clients. They all have the same SLA and workflows, and I want to generate reports on company level. 

1 answer

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

yes. Not directly.

1. Have an automation rule to set the e-mail reporter to a specific organization. Then trigger another automation event for any issue part of this organization, assign them to a group or define team list. Then choose a method whether to do round robin or balance workload.

2. different shift of approach. Use queues. Each team owns a particular queue and pick up the tickets in that queue. No auto-assigning. Just self-serve and self-organize.

Hope this helps.

Daan Gönning January 7, 2021

It definitely does help! Thanks. Option 2: And, then I can assign automatically tickets to a queue? so all tickets from customer A come in queue 1, and so on.

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

Great!

Somewhat. Essentially, a queue is a JQL filter. For example, if you have jql filter based on an organization, all those tickets will go to this queue. Then inform that team to focus on that queue. Queues are a great way to help team focus on a list of items. You can use it to focus on customers, high priority tickets, or certain tickets like server, mobile, and so forth.

Daan Gönning January 8, 2021

It becomes more clear to me. So, in this case, we have two development teams. I create two queues:
-Team 1
-Team 2

Through a JQL filter, I configure that in the queue from team 1, questions from clients a,b,c (max 30 organizations per team) are being added. I think I use the organizations filter for this, right? 

I don't know the query yet, but the end result will be that when customer A sends in a support request (through email) it will automatically come in one of the queues. Where it is being handled by the team.

Right?

Like Benjamin likes this
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2021

You got it!

Daan Gönning January 9, 2021

This should be doable by the organizationMembers () command right? It does not seem to work. I have a queue:

resolution = Unresolved, organizationMembers (A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I) and so on. But the JQL editor seems not to know the organizationMembers command.

Daan Gönning January 11, 2021

Hi, 

In addition to the issue above, I am wondering if I can send notifications from a queue to a specific slack channel? So issues which come into lane 1, will be also sent to the slack channel of team 1.

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2021

Hi @Daan Gönning ...That's not how the organization members work. It is not a field, it is a function. 

reporter in organizationMembers("OrgA, OrgB")

For slack channel, I'm not quite certain. I know you can tie at the project level. However, I would feel that would be something available with either a plugin configuration or a JQL query in the integration.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events