Automatic response to ticket based on project calendar

Alecyr Pereira September 3, 2020

Hi,

Does anyone knows a ways to post/comment on an issue created based on the holidays i have setup on my project calendar?

The idea is that when a holiday is configured there, the created tickets would receive  a message advising that is holiday and the ticket will be taken on the following business day.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2020

@Alecyr Pereira - hi Alecyr! One way to do this is to use JSD Automation rules. Here's an example:

• When
    • Issue created
  • If these match
    • createdDate = 2020-12-25
  • Then
    • Add comment "We're busy eating Christmas cookies"

Don't forget to configure holidays in your calendar(s) so you don't break your SLAs. 😉

Alecyr Pereira September 4, 2020

Hi @Dave Liao thanks for the reply

The thing is i would manually need to configure all those. I was looking for something more dynamic. That would read the holidays setup on the project calendar and reply back.
Any ideas if it's feasible to do something like it?

Like Sinan Serifov likes this
Aswin A August 16, 2022

Hi @Alecyr Pereira , I'm also looking out for a similar solution and haven't found any yet. Were you able to figure out a dynamic solution for this?

Would be of great help. Thanks.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2022

I'm definitely unaware of a dynamic solution for this (without buying a third-party app, if one exists), even two years later. 😢

Like Aswin A likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events