Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Automatic response based on business hours

Hi,

Is there a way to create a trigger that sends a specific automatic response based on predetermined time slots?

Exemple : If a client sends a chat asking a question after our business hours, it would send an automatic reply saying that we will be back tomorrow.

Thanks for your help!

2 comments

Finally, I found the answer to my question!

Jack Brickey Community Leader May 27, 2019

You should lot here what you learned.

Like Jira User likes this

Here's what I did with JQL to have an automation based on out of business hours : 

(("Customer Request Type" = "Chat (SUP)") and ((created > startOfDay()) and (created < startOfDay("+8h")))) or (("Customer Request Type" = "Chat (SUP)") and ((created > startOfDay("+16h")) and (created < endOfDay())))

Although, now I am having trouble to also seperate for the weekend using the "startofweek" and "endofweek".

Any advice for that?

Is there any official support for this yet? I'm trying to configure it but the setup is tricky.

Jack Brickey Community Leader Jan 12, 2022

Hi @ctrudel , i'm not sure what you mean by official support. However you can use automation to achieve this goal. The input from @ctrudel a shares a solution.

Official support meaning an in-built feature from Jira to edit your automatic reply based on business hours, rather than manual creation & configuration of an automation rule. 

Ctrudel's idea could work and it's a start, but it's incomplete with it's weekend parameters. 

Jack Brickey Community Leader Jan 12, 2022

Agreed, it could be made easier. You might provide feedback to Atlassian via the in-app feedback link. While getting the JQL correct can be a challenge it is doable. I would try to create in parts and then connect the parts. Weekdays after hours and weekends. 

Thanks for the reply,

I've not used JQL before, so I'd appreciate any assistance I could get with it. That's including any self-teaching links or tutorials you could link me to.

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

165 views 0 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you