Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic response based on business hours

Charles May 27, 2019

Hi,

Is there a way to create a trigger that sends a specific automatic response based on predetermined time slots?

Exemple : If a client sends a chat asking a question after our business hours, it would send an automatic reply saying that we will be back tomorrow.

Thanks for your help!

2 comments

Charles May 27, 2019

Finally, I found the answer to my question!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2019

You should lot here what you learned.

Like Jira User likes this
Charles July 3, 2019

Here's what I did with JQL to have an automation based on out of business hours : 

(("Customer Request Type" = "Chat (SUP)") and ((created > startOfDay()) and (created < startOfDay("+8h")))) or (("Customer Request Type" = "Chat (SUP)") and ((created > startOfDay("+16h")) and (created < endOfDay())))

Although, now I am having trouble to also seperate for the weekend using the "startofweek" and "endofweek".

Any advice for that?

Declan Moon January 12, 2022

Is there any official support for this yet? I'm trying to configure it but the setup is tricky.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Hi @ctrudel , i'm not sure what you mean by official support. However you can use automation to achieve this goal. The input from @ctrudel a shares a solution.

Official support meaning an in-built feature from Jira to edit your automatic reply based on business hours, rather than manual creation & configuration of an automation rule. 

Ctrudel's idea could work and it's a start, but it's incomplete with it's weekend parameters. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2022

Agreed, it could be made easier. You might provide feedback to Atlassian via the in-app feedback link. While getting the JQL correct can be a challenge it is doable. I would try to create in parts and then connect the parts. Weekdays after hours and weekends. 

Thanks for the reply,

I've not used JQL before, so I'd appreciate any assistance I could get with it. That's including any self-teaching links or tutorials you could link me to.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events