Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic ping pong issue status

Marco Rossi April 13, 2023

Good morning,

I would like to automatize the issue status, in the way that, when the service desk team write as comment and he share those comment with the customer, the issue status automatically change to "waiting for customer. On the other side when the customer reply to the email, the status will automatically change to "waiting for support". In those changing the SLA will stop and restart the counting, depending in which status is. If "waiting for customer" will stop. if "waiting for support" will start.

If need some plugin please advise me.

Thank you.

Marco

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2023

Hi @Marco Rossi and welcome to the Community!

This is a fairly straightforward automation that you can do with out of the box automation rules.

This example from the automation template library illustrates how you can set up the transition from Waiting for Customer to Waiting for Support.

The rule uses a user condition, as you can see here:

Screenshot 2023-04-14 at 11.53.55.png

You can change this to User > is not a customer to determine if a comment was added by an agent instead to automate the opposite transition.

Hope this helps!

Marco Rossi April 14, 2023

Thank you so much for your help!

Marco

Marco Rossi April 16, 2023

Sorry @Walter Buggenhout  your suggestion is working, but, I would like to tune in a better way the behavior. Actually the trigger is working well if I only use the function "reply to customer", but if I insert an internal comment, and the status is "waiting for support", i do not want that the status change to "waiting for customer" (and actually is happening so), because is just and internal comment. 

Which condition i have to add to my rule?

Thank you in advance

Marco

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events