Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic label and comment based on Custom date field.

AK June 13, 2022

Hello All,

We are working with Jira DC instance and looking for a solution for below requirement.

I want to add a comment and a label to issues when a custom date field pass the given date in issues,  I tried with "Automation in JSM", but did not find suitable rule to set.

Any advice will be so appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

You need an app like Automation for Jira to achieve that. If that's the one you're referring to, here is one possible option you can try

• When: Scheduled - define a schedule to trigger your automation. For example, daily at 5 am.
  • If: Issues match JQL - define the JQL to fetch issues where your date field passes a given date.
  • Then: Add a comment to issue
  • And: Edit issue field - you can choose the labels you want to add to the issue by selecting the label field.

Some references that may help you get additional insights

AK June 16, 2022

Hello @Ivan Lima

Thanks for your quick response,

I see Automation for Jira is a paid plugin, So we are trying to do this with Scriptrunner add-on which is already in use in our instance. Is it possible with any script?

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2022

Yes. You could use the escalation service to set how often you want the service to run, the JQL query to compare your date custom field and populate the additional issue actions with the updates you want.

Look at https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4js/6.49.0/features/jobs/built-in-jobs/escalation-services to see an example of how you can set it up and add a comment.

You can use https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/update-the-labels-for-an-issue-in-jira as a reference to add labels.

Like AK likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events