Automatic Update after 24 hours of no customer response

TH October 27, 2021

Hello,

We are attempting to brainstorm ideas of how JSD can send automatic updates on a ticket after 24 hours on a status.

Specifically, we want the reporter of the ticket to receive a response saying something along the lines of "Hello customer, this is a follow up to see if we can be of any further assistance?" after the ticket is placed on our "Waiting on Client" status for 24 hours.

Our "Waiting on Client" status is when our techs last updated the ticket either asking for more information or asking if we are OK to resolve the case (waiting for the client to update the ticket).

Could possibly creating a new workflow work with a specific post function?

I'm thinking of creating an automation rule with possibly an SLA breach timer or JQL condition but please let me know if there might be a simpler way of doing this.

Let me know if any further info from me is needed. 

1 answer

0 votes
Emre Bodur October 27, 2021

Check JIRA Automation, add a SLA Trigger and do what you want from there.

TH November 4, 2021

Thanks Emre,

We have the new SLA and new automation rule working. However, we need to consider how to prevent our new automation rule to send out the "reminder" update whenever our techs comment on an issue (without using the transition screen to comment).

Our new SLA timer starts when the ticket is "waiting for update" and stops when the status enters "request updated" <- that is when a ticket gets updated by a customer, the status changes to "request updated" (another automation rule).

Our new automation rule states that:
When: SLA threshold breached
IF: Status matches "waiting for update" 
THEN: Comments on the issue to the customer.

We also created a post function in the transition (waiting for update -> request updated) to reset the SLA threshold breached timer using a 3rd party app. 

I attached some pictures to better describe this. 

Capture 22-24 are pictures of the configuration.

Capture 25 is where the tech sometimes will comment on an issue. (we want the SLA timer to reset here to prevent our automation from sending the "reminder" update)

Capture 26 is the workflow transition screen where the tech also comments on the issue.

Capture24.PNGCapture23.PNGCapture22.PNGCapture25.PNG

Capture26.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events