Automated linked comments not always updating

Bart Klaster May 10, 2021

Hello!

Relatively new to the backside of Jira and am in the process of setting up a small service desk combined with our engineering department.

Currently at the point that my service desk project can create an automated linked issue in the corresponding project for engineering. These issues are synced on update with automatization. However, here is where I found my issue, why are not all of my comments being transferred between projects? Especially when comments are placed in relatively quick succession the newest comment/comments aren't synced. This especially is noticeable when comments contain more than only text, think a screenshot, audio recording, or zip file. These files are big (<10Mb) but more often than not are not synced.

Is this issue related to my automatization or is this a limitation in Jira?

2 answers

0 votes
Yvan Martin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2021

Hi Bart,

Developer from Automation here.

This sounds like a complex issue to debug without gaining access to your instance to help figure this out. You'll be best served by contacting Atlassian support so someone can look at your instance and rule configuration to help figure this out: https://support.atlassian.com/

Cheers.

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

@Bart Klaster -

Welcome to the community.  Do you know if the user (account) running the automation to transfer comments between JSM projects/Jira engineering projects have the appropriate rights for commenting on both projects envs?

What do you means by transferring comments between projects issues?  Comments are associated to the issues within a project.  Are you copying the comments between issues?

Kindly advise.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Bart Klaster May 10, 2021

The account in question was my account and has full ownership of both projects. 

The setup is as follows: Jira service desk project issue is reported. The service desk creates a linked issue in the engineering project. Whenever there is a new comment on one of the two linked issues my automatization should copy the body/attachments, write down the author and state the issue it came from. This works fine for some of the comments posted. However, during testing, I found out that if I post two comments in rapid succession (<2minutes) in either one of the two posts or one comment in each of the posts the last comment wont sync,

Kind regards,

Bart Klaster 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events