Automate Tickets / Create Tasks with Tickets

Oliver Kühnast August 30, 2021

Hi there,

I have to ask very stupidly, but I hope you can help me.

I would like to define a workflow in JIRA Service Management for hiring new employees. A ticket is created here at the top (comes by email). Tasks / subtasks should now emerge from this ticket, which can then be processed gradually and marked as completed. Finally, the whole process ends up in the bin / done. Is there a function that I can use to implement this type of automation?

Thank you for your help in advance.
Oliver

2 comments

Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2021

Hi

Atlassian offert a template for this:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/templates/new-employee-onboarding

It is a good start

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2021

So it sounds like you want some automation that will create all of these sub tasks. And then you want the parent test to close when all the sub tasks are complete. Is this correct?

Assuming so, then you’re going to want to have some sort of scripting or automation to create those sub tasks for you. As I am on cloud I happen to use automation for Jira. Which is available as an addon for server. In cloud they have some templates that are you specifically for on-boarding new hires which may or may not meet your needs. Regardless of having an available template you can easily create them yourself. One thing you mentioned was that this would all be kicked off as part of an email. That makes things a bit more challenging as it relies on specific text in the subject or body such that automation could parse as part of the rules Condition to know when to create the subtasks. 

There are other add-on solutions that could achieve the same thing such as scriptrunner.

The final part is to close the primary task when all subjects are complete again that can be done through automation or scripting add-on.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events