Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-resolve and -close tickets which are in the waiting for customer status

Christian Sprajc November 28, 2018

Hi,

we are trying to establish an automation to resolve and close tickets, which have been in the "Waiting for customer" status for a certain amount of time. What we did so far:

- Creating SLAs: One will count the time beginning from the moment the ticket transitions to the "Waiting for customer" status. It will stop counting whenever the ticket returns to one of the other statuses.

- Creating an automation rule: The rule triggers when the SLA has been breached and will transition the ticket to "Resolved" with a notification mail send to the customer ("we assume your issue has been resolved...").

We are now facing the problem that in the rule options, the rule can only be set to run as the project default. This makes sense, since there is no user actually triggering the rule, however the mail notification should be either send in the name of the system itself or - even better - in the name of the service desk staff person who is assigned to the ticket. The first solution would involve to creating some kind of service desk system user, who is set as the project default, but that would consume a license, which seems to be a little bit overkill for the intended purpose.

Any solutions?

3 answers

0 votes
Fred Lan January 11, 2021

In this AI era, the need for fast yet efficient solutions has been growing exponentially. As a result, Service Desks must incorporate the new tools and technologies to cope with this development. Auto-resolution of tickets is a predominant feature in an AI integrated Service Desk. It can take various forms that promote self-service or can be handled by the L1 support staff itself.

Here's an article discussing more about auto resolution..

https://bit.ly/3bv0mLs

0 votes
Christian Sprajc December 20, 2018

Anyone else?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2018

@Christian Sprajc, regarding the automation to close issues after some period of time - there are a few other threads in the Community that answers this. One is just to the right under Related Content - “How to close ticket automatically ...”. You might start there. Regarding the author of the transition, IMO it is best to use the system user so you can distinguish between what a user does and automation. This is immensely helpful when troubleshooting issues down the road.

Christian Sprajc November 28, 2018

Hi Jack,

thanks for answer. A system user means I have to create a dedicated service desk staff account, which I add as the default run as user?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2018

@Christian Sprajc, noticed you recent update which brought me back here. In Cloud on on the main Automation screen where all rules are listed you can change the project default. I would assume but unsure if Server is similar. I expect there is some form of ‘system’ user that you could use or you could choose an existing agent. Fro example, I see that the “service desk widget” is an option in my case. Some addons, e.g. other automation apps create a user account so if you have that you could choose it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events