This is my very first Atlassian Forum post :). I come from the ServiceNow world and I have recently started a new position as internal chief consultant in an organization using Jira. I have close to no experience with Jira and I am investigating what Jira can do for us with regards to improving our customer service management.
What should I expect if I want to achieve the following in Jira and/or Jira Service Management:
1. Our customers send different types of requests and question to one customer service mail address (Single Point of Contact).
2. The mails are automatically fed into Jira from Microsoft Outlook/Exchange (365) and a Jira case/issue is auto-created for each.
3. Based on the mail content, each case/issue is auto-assigned to a group/team, i.e. if the content contains "Product A", it is assigned to Product As team. Mails that cannont be deciphered unambiguously are assigned to the service desk for human triage.
4. Each case/issue is under one or more SLAs, e.g. Time-to-resolve, which can be unique for each team and/or product.
Thanks a lot in advance :)!
Soren from Denmark
Let me try to help.
1. Native feature in JSM, there is also a customer portal apart from email requests.
2. Native feature in JSM.
3. You can use Automation on Jira cloud or use an app like ScriptRunner for Jira (Cloud or Server) for doing that. I made a video showing how to parse the description and update a field using regular expressions.
4. SLAs are configurable based on various fields
I hope it helps.
Hi Everyone, In this tutorial, we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached. SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events