Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto assign

Sampath April 25, 2023

Team

we have field that Support Level : Level 1 &  Level 2. Different department ticket should route to Level 2 directly based on Component & Product Categorisation as we selected.

pls advise automation rule 

thanks

1 answer

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

Hi Sampath,

You can create an automation rule based on an Issue Created trigger.

Then add Conditions based on Components and Product Categorization as desired.

Then add a new action for Assign Issue.

Sampath April 25, 2023

Hi @John Funk 

Thanks for your response

Here I have created as 

When value change

Edit issue field and then I can't able to move it 

let me try your way of method

Sampath April 25, 2023

Hi @John Funk 

Additionally once ticket created It will be in triage dashboard and then our Team will edit the value and change to level 2

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

Sure - then just a trigger type of Field Value Changed and select the field for that. Then add an If/Else condition to handle if it is Level 1 or 2.

Sampath April 25, 2023

Hi @John Funk 

I have tried below way 

project = XXX AND summary ~ XXX AND status = "Waiting for Triage" 

but here after that I want to move that ticket to Support Level 2 with Components & product categorisation changed , pls suggest rule or share me the rule thanks

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2023

Can you post the rule here that you have so far?

Your question says Auto assign. But then you say above that you want to move the ticket. What exactly are you wanting to do? When you say move ticket to Support Level 2 - do you really mean assign it to someone who works with Support Level 2? Or something else? 

Sampath April 26, 2023

Hi @John Funk 

Sorry for confusion . my  aim to move the ticket to Level 2 with Components & product categorisation auto changed once ticket received in triage, here we need to take "Summary" as keyword...

Test Rule 1 : When issue created - Summary contains "XXX" then ?? what should I do 

Test Rule 2 :

When value changes for Filed Value Change "Components" "product categorisation" ->

Edit issue filed : Field Set : Support Level : Level 2

Components : XXXX

product categorisation : not able to recognoized

Summary : XXXX

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2023

What are you wanting to happen when the issue is created and the Summary contains a certain string? 

What type of field is Product Categorisation? 

Sampath April 26, 2023

Hi @John Funk 

When issue is created with summary contain (for example) Microsoft automation should check summary Microsoft and to change the component , product categorisation , support level 2. 

Product Categorisation it is sub category of component which we select for ex 

if component : microsoft

Product Categorisation : office 365 , teams etc..

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2023

So, for rule 1, create the rule with an Issue Created trigger.

Then add a Condition for Summary contains Microsoft

Then add a new action for Edit issue. 

Select the fields you describe above and the values that need to be updated. 

For the Product Categorisation field - what is the field type in Jira? Is it a single pick list field (dropdown)? Or something else? You said it doesn't show up as a field you can select for the Edit issue? 

Sampath April 26, 2023

Hi @John Funk 

Thanks .... dropdown field

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2023

Okay, it should show up then. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events