Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments with password are not imported in Jira

Sercan Yazici May 19, 2023

When a customer uploads a zip file which is password protected, it does not accept to upload the file in the suport ticket. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2023

This is such an unspecific question that there is no answer to it. Last I recall, Jira was an issue tracking system, not a password manager, so you will have to broaden that question up quite a lot.

Sercan Yazici May 21, 2023

See my edited question

Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2023

I don't see why Jira would care whether the zip is or isn't password protected - it should not be trying to unzip it. At most, it can attempt to compress it even further, in which case it wouldn't matter what the zip contents are, because it's not trying to read it. I don't know exactly how zipping works on byte level, but I'm pretty sure it isn't reading the file. You can test it by creating a password protected zip, and then trying to make another zip/7z/jar whatever out of the file, and it will work.

So again, you need to broaden that question up because saying that something doesn't work is meaningless on it's own. We don't know if anything else doesn't work, if something else does work, if it works for person A but doesn't work for person B. I sincerely doubt this has anything to do with password protection to begin with.

If there is something akin to "you cannot upload password protected files" restriction, then I'm unaware of it.

Like Sercan Yazici likes this
0 votes
Sercan Yazici May 21, 2023

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events