Attachment requirement in issue approval in SD

Konstantin Gagač February 21, 2020

Hi,
I have scenario, but not sure how to fit it best way in JSD.
Scenario:
Agents sends issue for approval to customers and would like customers to approve or decline issue.
But there is some requirement: when customer approve, he should attach file (some scanned approval doc).
In other words, customer cant approve until attach file.
I tried with attachment validation in workflow with JSU, but not helped
Is there any valid way to achieve this requirement?

1 answer

0 votes
Konstantin Gagač February 24, 2020

it would be great if somebody give a hint for this topic, please

Deon Petrus Meyer May 2, 2022

Hi @Konstantin Gagač 

I take it you haven't found your answer yet. I'm looking for the exact same thing.

We had to write a custom script using the Scriptrunner addon and Groovy for Jira Server to build custom notification email with issue attachments for approval requests but so far, I haven't seen anything on JSD cloud that would allow attachments to be included in initial notifications.

The practice, it seems, is to only send emails with attachments when new attachments get added after the issue is created, which doesn't help for the approver.

We're planning to explore building something with the Atlassian Forge dev platform but it looks like, until Atlassian builds something (or unless you build something yourself), your best bet would be to disable the approval buttons on the Approval request and force the approvers to log in. That way they'll be able to see the attachments when viewing the ticket :(

Like Matthew Challenger likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events