Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Attachment requirement in issue approval in SD

Hi,
I have scenario, but not sure how to fit it best way in JSD.
Scenario:
Agents sends issue for approval to customers and would like customers to approve or decline issue.
But there is some requirement: when customer approve, he should attach file (some scanned approval doc).
In other words, customer cant approve until attach file.
I tried with attachment validation in workflow with JSU, but not helped
Is there any valid way to achieve this requirement?

1 answer

it would be great if somebody give a hint for this topic, please

Hi @Konstantin Gagač 

I take it you haven't found your answer yet. I'm looking for the exact same thing.

We had to write a custom script using the Scriptrunner addon and Groovy for Jira Server to build custom notification email with issue attachments for approval requests but so far, I haven't seen anything on JSD cloud that would allow attachments to be included in initial notifications.

The practice, it seems, is to only send emails with attachments when new attachments get added after the issue is created, which doesn't help for the approver.

We're planning to explore building something with the Atlassian Forge dev platform but it looks like, until Atlassian builds something (or unless you build something yourself), your best bet would be to disable the approval buttons on the Approval request and force the approvers to log in. That way they'll be able to see the attachments when viewing the ticket :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Coming Soon: Insight Changing to Assets

The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...

299 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you