cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment category for Forms

Tonya Clonen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 17, 2022

I need to include prompts in Forms include an attachment. I do not see a way to do this. Is it possible when a user is submitting a request using forms to upload an attached file?

6 answers

2 accepted

11 votes
Answer accepted
Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

Update 17 May 2022: If you would like to see a preview of what we are looking to build for attachment fields, please visit this post. We would welcome your feedback.

---

@Tonya Clonen welcome to the community. With the initial release of Forms for JSM it is not possible to add attachment fields within the form. This is something that we are starting to work on - you can track the progress here.

Workaround:

When configuring the JSM Request Type, you can add the attachment field. Unfortunately this means the attachment field will appear above the Form; however, adding some instructions to your form explaining what files need to be attached can help with this. We know it is not ideal

TIP: You could also add a checklist of files you expect to be attached and mark all of the choices required. This way people would have to confirm that they have attached the file you need. 

Tonya Clonen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 20, 2022

Yes, this does appear to be the answer. I hope attachments will be included in the future within the form. Likewise, it would be helpful to have text editor/formatting options available within the text fields in the form. I can't really use the form for our business purposes without that availability as we are asking for creative content that often contains links, bold or other formatted text.

Like # people like this
Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2022

Thanks @Tonya Clonen I hear you on the rich text editing. I've have filed our comments against our backlog and it'll count when we next set out priorities.

Ian Sharpe
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 24, 2022

Glad to hear it's being considered, adding my upvote to this feature request. The workaround creates a weird UX for our users.  Looking forward seeing this in product and nice job on the new forms, its very convenient. 

Like Vincent Cheung likes this
Nontobeko.gumbi March 3, 2022

Hi @Simon H  I'm sorry i didn't fully grasp this "You can add an Attachment field above the Form". Could you please take me through it step by step on the new form feature ?

Like Kyle Pace likes this
Admin by myOnny
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 4, 2022

Unfortunately this does not help if I use a form late in an exiting issues, in case I want to ask the Customer to upload a Dokument with a form.   

Jeremy Tang _Trimmy Choo_ February 13, 2023

Thanks @Simon H !

Very excited about this. Can I clarify if we can have some level of control over the file name/label of the attachment uploaded?

For example, can it inherit the field name such that if I create an attachment field called "passport", the uploaded file name will be "passport" rather than the original file name, which could be quite random and create a barrier for the user to quickly identify and navigate to the right attachment?

3 votes
Answer accepted
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2022

Hey @Tonya Clonen 

Welcome to Atlassian Community !!

Looks like we don't have that option yet in "Forms", you have to add the attachments in the request types edit fields option and make it as mandatory. By doing this the the request type mapped will pick the fields from request type "Edit Fields" and fields on the form combined.

Please check this link https://docs.thinktilt.com/proforma/Publishing-ProForma-Forms-to-the-JSM-Portal.1571258886.html#PublishingProFormaFormstotheJSMPortal-AddanAttachmentField

Regards,

Vishwas

1 vote
Aslam K M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2023

This feature is made available now : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-10707?filter=108027

Update 29 June 2023

The new Attachment Fields feature is now fully rolled out to all our standard customers. We are on track to make this feature available to our Enterprise Release Track customers by the end of August 2023.

This is a significant step forward, and we'd like to express our appreciation for your patience. Your feedback and support have been invaluable in making this feature a reality.

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2022

Disclaimer: I am just now learning forms myself.

Based on earlier reading, my assumption is that you can add Jira fields to your forms. So I'm assuming that you could include the Jira attachment field to your form and you could update your workflow to require an attachment on the desired transition including the create. Time will tell as I begin to learn and use forms.

Admin by myOnny
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 4, 2022

does not work, the field "Attachment" can not be selected. 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Aslam K M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2023

This feature is made available now : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-10707?filter=108027

Update 29 June 2023

The new Attachment Fields feature is now fully rolled out to all our standard customers. We are on track to make this feature available to our Enterprise Release Track customers by the end of August 2023.

This is a significant step forward, and we'd like to express our appreciation for your patience. Your feedback and support have been invaluable in making this feature a reality.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2023

Excellent!

0 votes
Olha Yevdokymova_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 17, 2023

Hello @Tonya Clonen !
If this functionality is still interesting for you - our team SaaSJet has developed an add-on Smart Jira Forms, which allows you to add Customized Forms to your JSM form. One of the available form fields is Attachments, which provides the form assignee with the ability to upload multiple files to your form.

Screenshot 2023-04-17 202926.png
Hope this will help you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events